What is PBIS?
Positive Behavior Interventions and Support
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success
PBIS at Woodlands Elementary
- A positive behavior management process to make Woodlands a safe place to be a student.
- A system of clear school-wide expectations and planned incentives
- Interventions when students need help
- Recognizing and celebrating all students when they are successful
What does PBIS do for you?
Students are recognized and praised for positive behaviors
- Wildcat Tickets with monthly school wide drawings
- Self Manager Program
- School-wide reward incentives
Students receive interventions to help them refocus their unsuccessful behaviors.
- Teacher-student conferences
- Parent contact
- Parent conferences
- Office referral
How can you earn Wildcat Tickets?
- Being Respectful to all students and staff
- Being Responsible and doing the right thing (even if nobody is looking)
- Coming to school ready to be a learner and trying your hardest
- Going above and beyond to be Safe at school and on the playground
- Being kind to ourselves and others (playing nicely with everyone, showing good sportsmanship, encouraging classmates, etc.)
Who awards Wildcat Tickets?
All Staff including:
- Substitute Teachers
- Office Staff
- Cafeteria Staff
- Playground Supervisors
- To establish successful student habits
- So you are college and career ready
- To increase instruction time
- So we can teach and all students can learn
And because we know you can do it!