Washington State requires students entering in-person or on-line school to be immunized against serious communicable diseases. The Department of Health has immunization charts for families that show when children should receive specific vaccines.

2024-25 Immunization Requirements (PDF) | Español (PDF) | Tagalog (PDF) | Tiếng Việt (PDF)

Before a child may attend school, you must provide a valid Washington State Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form.  This form shows the child’s vaccinations or proof of immunity to disease.  Turn in completed forms to your school’s main office.

Certificate of Immunization Status form (PDF) | Español (PDF) | Tagalog (PDF) | Tiếng Việt (PDF)

There are four ways to submit a valid CIS form:

  • Ask a health care provider to print out a CIS form.
  • Ask your child's school to print out a CIS form. 
  • Print your child’s CIS by following the instructions on the Access your Family's Immunization Information web page.
  • Fill out a Washington State CIS form yourself and attach medical records showing vaccination.  Verified medical records must come from a health care provider’s office or state immunization database

If you choose to exempt your child for medical, religious, or personal/philosophical reasons, you must submit a valid Certificate of Exemption (COE) form. Personal/philosophical exemptions cannot be used for measles, mumps, and rubella requirements. Fill out the COE based on the exemption type. All exemptions except religious membership require a health care provider signature. If the COE exempts all of the required immunizations, a CIS is not needed. If the COE only exempts some of the required immunizations then both a CIS and COE need to be turned in.

Types of health care providers licensed in Washington state who can sign the COE form:

  • Medical Doctor (MD)
  • Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
  • Naturopathic Doctor (ND)
  • Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)
  • Physician Assistant (PA)

Immunization Clinics

View upcoming clinics for the 2024-25 school year.

Coming from Out of State

If you are coming from out of state, you must submit a valid Washington State CIS or COE form.  Certificates of Exemption must be signed by a provider licensed to practice in Washington State.

       Contacts for State Immunization Records

For More Information

Visit the Department of Health Immunizations guide for more information on vaccine requirements for school and to obtain immunization forms in other languages.